Happy Valentines Day, friends! I know this isn’t everyones favorite holiday, but I happen to really enjoy it. The cheesy cards, the flowers, the chocolates, I love it all. I also love crepes, and to me there is no better breakfast for the day of love! Paleo approved and made of just four simple ingredients, I have a feeling these crepes will be your new favorite breakfast option. Not to mention, they are just so fun to make!
Made savory or sweet, something about crepes exudes class to me. They are essentially fancy pancakes that you stuff with your favorite fruits and jams. What’s not to love about that? While crepes often have a reputation for being high in sugar and calories, this recipe provides a healthy alternative. Stuffed with banana, strawberries and almond butter, it’s hard to believe they are actually quite good for you!
Grab yourself a blender and let’s get cooking!
Strawberry Banana Crepes - Paleo, Sugar Free
For the Crepes:
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 tbsp almond flour (or coconut flour, your choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/5 cup of water
- Almond butter
- Sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Pulse on high or until the batter becomes light and frothy.
- Warm a medium sized frying pan over medium heat with a bit of coconut oil. Pour the batter into the pan evenly, spreading it into a thin layer that covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Let the crepe sit until completely cooked. There is no need to flip these crepes! When the top is no longer wet and the edges are slightly brown, the crepe is done.
- Flip the crepe onto a dish and let cool for 3-5 minutes. Prepare the next crepe while it cools. Once your crepes are finished cooling, begin to fill them with whatever ingredients you want. For this recipe I covered the inside of my crepes with almond butter and filled with sliced strawberry and banana.
- Roll up the crepes or carefully fold with a work. Melt down 1 tbsp of almond butter with 1 tsp of coconut oil and drizzle over top. You can also top with cream or jam!
As I write this post I am admiring the beautiful bouquet of roses that I used to shoot these images. My dad gave them to me this morning, and they make me so happy! It really is the little things. Love is a beautiful thing! No matter if you’re single or loved up, I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day.
PIN FOR LATER