Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut or cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, let set for 5 mins) *this is called a flax egg!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour or coconut flower
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Additional Ingredients (if desired)
- all natural chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
- gluten free (or regular) rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the inside of an 8.5 x 4.5 or 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or place parchment paper on the inside to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a large bowl until properly mixed together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the same bowl: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt, mixing thoroughly to get rid of any clumps!
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and spread evenly with a butter knife. Bake for 50-65 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, so be sure to check with a toothpick if your loaf is cooked all the way through!
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack until completely cool before you can remove it from the pan, slice and enjoy!
This is a perfect fall baking dish and is great for morning breakfast or an after dinner dessert. Not to mention it is completely guilt free without skimping on flavor, my kind of food! I was so pleased with how this turned out and I hope you enjoy it too.