I’m always on the lookout for desserts I can feel good about, and these fudge bites fit the bill. This recipe is a delicious, guilt free and protein packed sweet treat you can put together in no time. Made with 7 simple ingredients, these fudge bars require no baking, contain no artificial sweeteners, is dairy free, and can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle. I have a feeling you’ll have a hard time keeping your sticky fingers away from them (or sharing with others).
I made my batch into bars by spreading the mixture into a baking pan, but you can also roll these into balls for protein bites if you prefer them that way. With this particular mixture I found bars to work best, and preferably chilled or kept in the freezer.
Once they reach room temperature prepare for sticky, fudgey fingers. I think this recipe would be perfect to bring to a holiday dinner party, or to hand out to friends at work. I’ve been handing them out to my family because they are SO GOOD! This batch was gone within the day. Try them for yourself and see what I mean, then come back here and tell me how much you loved them!
Nutty Chocolate Fudge Bars
1 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter here)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 nuts (I used walnuts)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (plus more for topping)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
goji berries for topping
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend on medium speed. You may have to stop and push the sides down with a few times.
- Remove from the food processor and pour into a baking dish for bars, or roll into balls to make the protein bites.
- If making bars, smooth fudge with the back of a spoon or a knife and sprinkle additional toppings on top of the fudge. Cover with tin foil and chill in the freezer for 1 hour before serving.
- If making protein bites, roll into balls with your hands and roll them into dishes with each of your chosen toppings, pressing them into the balls to make sure they stay put. Place them all into Tupperware and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Fudge should stay good for up to 5 days. Keep refrigerated.
PIN FOR LATER