I’m keeping this post short and sweet (pun intended). I whipped up this chocolate peanut butter banana bread this morning for breakfast with my family and it was a total hit! I popped it in the oven to bake while we exchanged gifts and it was ready to go by the time we were done. This is an easy recipe loaded with the good stuff: peanut butter, chocolate and bananas. Lots of bananas.
We are having our family over for Christmas in just a few hours, so I am going to post and run!
Wishing you all a very happy holiday. Thank you as always for your readership and friendship!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF
- In a medium size bowl, combine the 3 bananas, almond milk, coconut sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid one. Add the peanut butter, coconut oil, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into a rectangular tin and spread evenly throughout.
- Add the last banana on top of the batter and cover with the remaining batter.
- Spread of the chocolate chips and the walnuts on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The center will be slightly mushy from the banana, so don’t worry if it seems undercooked!